Meet the Los Angeles Therapy Network
Graduate of Antioch University
Cynthia, who is also known as Cindie, is a Feminist Therapist, a Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress and Certified in the Management of Acute Traumatic Stress through the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress. She is a graduate of Antioch University with a focus on Clinical Psychology, Feminist, LGBT and Adolescent Therapy.
— Trauma Expert – Treatment of Rape/Sexual Assault, Adult Survivors of Childhood Abuse: Sexual Abuse, Incest, Physical Abuse, Neglect, Abandonment, Extreme and Sadistic Abuse, Mentally Ill Parent, ACA, Victims of Violent Crimes, Survivors of Suicide/Homicide Loss, Kidnapping, Religious & Cult Abuse, SRA, MC, and much more. Trained and experienced in treating sexual offenders.
— Feminist Therapy – Women’s Issues
— Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning & Intersexed (GLBTQI) specialist.
— Teen/Adolescent Specialist
— Couples Therapy , Alternative Families
— Group Therapy Specialist
— Self-Esteem, Personal Growth
— Life Crisis, Grief and Loss, Mid-Life Transitions and General Life Transitions
— Dissociative Disorders, Multiplicity, Humanistic-Existential, Psychodynamic, Cognitive-Behavioral, Narrative and Eclectic approach with a focus on depth therapy
— EMDR, TAT, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Sandplay Therapy, Art Therapy Techniques, Creative Therapy Techniques
— Groups – PTSD/Trauma, Sexual Abuse/Assault Survivors Support Group (SASS), TransWomen’s Group, Significant Other’s Support Group (SOS) for women with a transgender/gender variant partner, Multiplicity Group, Adult Children of Narcissists, Queer Couples Group, Women’s Group
Cindie is at the Los Angeles, Long Beach and Santa Monica offices., Lic MFC41617
— Trained in Integrated Process Oriented, Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy
— Focus on Anxiety and Anxiety Disorders
— PTSD, Trauma and Dissociation, Dissociative Disorders
— Adult Survivors Childhood Abuse: Sexual Abuse, Incest, Physical Abuse, Neglect, Emotional/Verbal Abuse
— Victims of Violent Crimes, Rape, Sexual Assault
— Adult Children of Narcissists, Emotional and Verbal Abuse by Parents, Employers, Significant Others
— Grief and Loss Issues
— Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender/Gender Variant Issues/Communities
— Children, Adolescents and Adults
— Women’s Issues
— Men’s Issues
— Couples, Alternative Families and Family Therapy
— Utilizes the body and body oriented therapies. Paying attention to the body and the symptoms and messages it is sending to us; focus on a wholeness.
— Use of relaxation, guided imagery, art and body therapy
— Sandplay Therapy and Play Therapy
— Groups: Coping with the Self-Absorbed, Sexual Abuse/Assault Survivor’s Group (SASS), TransWomen’s Group, Multiplicity Group, Young Adult’s Group, PTSD/Trauma Group
— Spanish Speaking
Melissa is at the Torrance and Los Angeles offices. Lic MFT47821
Stephanie Groom, LMFT
University of California at Irvine, BA Psychology
Mount Saint Mary’s University Los Angeles-MS Counseling Psychology
Areas of Specialization:
— Anxiety disorders
— Obsessive Compulsive disorder
— PTSD, Trauma, Dissociative D/O
— Social Anxiety, Phobia, Agoraphobia
— Attachment Issues
— Borderline Personality D/O
— Mood Disorders
— Grief, Loss, Bereavement
— Hoarding Behaviors
— Survivors of Sexual Assault, Sexual Abuse
— Physical, Emotional, Verbal Abuse or Neglect
— Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
— Women’s Issues
— Child and Adolescent Issues/therapy
— Self harm
— Transitional issues
— Adjustment to changes within the family
— Couples Therapy, Premarital Counseling, Marital Counseling
— Intimacy issues
— LGBTQ Needs/Issues
Utilizes: Psychodynamic Therapy, Humanistic, & Family Systems with focus on Depth Psychology. Use of examination of Family of origin, Integrate unconscious material into consciousness, Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Mindfulness-Based interventions, Relaxation skills, Guided imagery, Sandplay Therapy, Art as a means for exploring true self and as an outlet for emotion and feelings , Creative Journaling, Play Therapy, & Strength-Based Interventions.
Stephanie is at the Los Angeles office., Lic MFC80868
Mimi Fayer, LMFT
Graduated University of Southern California, Master of Marriage and Family Therapy
– Specializes in mood disorders such as depression and anxiety as well as trauma
– Survivors of all types of childhood abuse: sexual, physical, neglect, and emotional/verbal abuse
– Relationship issues including separation and divorce
– Self esteem and empowerment
– Infertility issues impacting mood and relationships
– Utilizes psychodynamic approach, cognitive-behavioral therapy, client-centered therapy, and family systems depending on needs
Mimi is at the Los Angeles and Santa Monica office.
Sara Acharya, LMFT
Graduate of Cornell University and The Wright Institute of Berkeley, Masters in Counseling Psychology, LMF
– Certified in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Child-Parent Psychotherapy Works with Children, Adolescents, Adults, Couples, and Families
– Specialties: -Complex Trauma and Childhood Abuse (Children/Adolescents and Adult Survivors): Sexual Abuse, Incest, Physical Abuse, Neglect, Emotional/Verbal Abuse. -Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Anxiety Disorders. -Depression.
– Grief and Loss.
-Parenting and Family Conflict.
– Adoption and Adoptive Family Adjustment.
– Women’s Issues.
– Artistic and Creative Blocks
Sara is at the Los Angeles office.
Nicole Gibson, LMFT
Graduated Phillips Graduate Institute
– Grief and loss issues
– Co-occurring Disorders/Dual Diagnosis (Mental illness and Addictions)
– Adult children of addicted family systems
– Children of parent(s) with a personality disorder
– Relationship issues
– Self esteem
– Couples, Children, Adolescents, Adults and Families
– Bowen/Family Systems, Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Solution-focused, Play Therapy, Mindfulness/Meditation practices, and
Nicole works out of the Los Angeles office